Monday, February 15, 2010

Hearts

Hope everyone had a romantic Valentine's Day! I love Valentine's Day. Zach and I had our first date on Valentine's Day (12 whole years ago- can you believe it?!?). He proposed on Valentine's Day. And each year, he sends me the most beautiful bouquet with a lovely sentiment. This year? Two bouquets. The first one came with a card that said "One bouquet because I love you..." and the second "And one because I love what we have created together". I ask you friends, how do you follow that up? I attempted to with mud pie, Zach's favorite. Homemade espresso ice-cream in heart-shaped molds, toasted almonds, real whipped cream with specks of vanilla bean... it was delicious. I also discovered these beautiful letterpress cards from Hammerpress: I love the juxtaposition of the old-fashioned technique with the vibrant colors and modern aesthetic. How about you, friends? Did you do anything special for your Valentine?

No comments:

Post a Comment