Sunday, January 23, 2011

Serena and Lily

There are so many things I love about Serena and Lily. First, their crib bedding. I searched long and hard to find Tate's crib bedding, and absolutely love what we bought from Serena and Lily. In particular, now that we have had it for 9 months, I can attest that it is incredibly durable and incredibly high-quality. It washes up so well. It still looks new. The second thing I love is their Bazaar. Occasionally (and I have seen no rhyme or reason to exactly when, which makes it even more compelling and interesting to me), they sell unique, one-of-a-kind items from around the world. These items are sold first-come, first-serve, and the Bazaar is only open a few days. They have one open right now, in fact. Check it out. But right now there are two things, in particular, that I want from Serena and Lily. First, I have been searching high and low for some kind of toy box to put underneath Tate's pirate ship. I wanted something rustic. My first thought had been a treasure chest, but I felt that would be falling into a theme more than I wanted. So when I stumbled upon these carts, I was ecstatic. They are perfect. Rustic but with a touch of modern with the bright orange castings (which match the other orange accents in Tate's room). Organic and completely functional. And I love the two sizes. Each one is slightly different and each is handmade. Also, happily, they don't have lids. I think most people want lids so that toys are hidden away, but Tate has such gorgeous, old-fashioned wooden cars and trucks, beautiful stuffed animals, hardcover books- all things I would love to be able to see. The second thing I love, however silly, is these (faux) leather animal bookends. So cute.
The hippo is my favorite.

P.S. I am back on Idle Hands today posting one more time as a guest blogger. What do you think about extreme knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment