Monday, June 6, 2011

30- Whew!

I'm 30!  It doesn't feel much different than 29, to be honest.  Except that I got to spend a weekend away with Zach in wine country, eating, drinking and celebrating.  We had a phenomenal time and it was nice to just get away and kind of check in.  It had been awhile since we had done that, just sort of a "where are we?" and "where are we going?" conversation. 

Do you and your families ever do that, friends?  Kind of purposefully set out to check in?  Zach and I do occasionally, but this one was long overdue.  We have recently had so many potential major changes to our life together, and the discussions have been stilted, between bathtime and playtime and work and cooking dinner and planting flowers and and and.  So this time, I actually made an agenda.

I really did.  I typed it up.  It had Roman Numeral bullet points.  And so we talked about everything on the list.  And now I feel like we are moving forward on the same page, with our priorities aligned, with our dream compasses pointed in the same direction.

One of the things I have been thinking about is the future of this blog.  Why does one write a blog?  What does it really offer the world?  And is there a place for me in the conversation?  I hope you don't mind I took some time away to think about, since a 30th birthday seems like a good reason to reset.  Happily, I feel like I am in a remotivated, recommitted place (plus, with summer coming and oodles of backyard party ideas out there, I mean, who can stop now?). 

So prepare to see more.  And in the meantime- some weekend pics!
 At dinner in McMinnville, home of the famous Oregon pinot noirs. We went to a Spanish restaurant and ate tapas and drank cava for hours and reminisced over our 2 weeks in Spain a few years ago.  Our dinner was 3 hours long. The picture is blurry, but after a few bottles of wine, that is kind of how we both felt, so I find it an appropriate representation of the evening!
 I wanted to spend the day of my actual birthday celebrating with Zach, of course, but also Tate and Mom and Dad.  We decided to go to Multnomah Falls, a famous waterfall near Portland.  Mom and Dad leave Oregon in just a few weeks, so this was a "must-do" before they left.
 Could Zach's eyes get any bluer?
In a rock cave.  Zach slays me, he is so handsome.
Speaking of handsome... Tate has moved beyond walking and is officially running.  Happily, he now has a pair of shoes.  And in this outfit, doesn't he look like such a little boy?  We might have officially passed babyhood...

No comments:

Post a Comment