Monday, April 27, 2015

Rave: THE Best Bathing Suit for Moms

Well, I've done it so you don't have to. I spent an entire week in Jamaica snorkeling, swimming, and being lazy around the pool, and I can assure you that I endured this (really, suffering, I assure you) and can report back that the Seafolly Boyleg Maillot bathing suit really is the perfect bathing suit for moms whose bodies haven't quite bounced back from baby (or baby #2, as is my case).

Did you read Drew Barrymore's recent quote about post-baby bodies. She said, "You feel like a kangaroo with a giant pouch; everything's saggy and weird." Ha! As if I couldn't love her anymore, she then says something equal parts hilarious and true.

In particular, I've found that trying to lose weight and get in shape has been significantly more difficult the second time around. Not only does the weight seem harder to lose (and the pouch a little, well, flabbier), but I also feel like I have less time, less money, and significantly less inclination for working out. Combined with the terrible winter that never ended, and I have actually gained weight over the last 6 months. Sigh.

So the idea of spending a week in a bathing suit, while appealing, did bring about some nerves. What would I possibly wear?
Cue the Seafolly. This bathing suit was made for me and my less-than-perfect body. There are so many reasons why I love it.

  1. It has the perfect boycut bottom. Not so long as to be matronly or too much like shorts, but enough to give you a little bit of butt coverage. (Also, not to overshare, but if you don't do an impeccable job of personal grooming in all your nether regions every day of your vacation, this design element was incredibly forgiving. Good news all around.)
  2. It it made of super-soft and very high-quality fabric. It held me in and smoothed me out in all the right places, but wasn't overly tight or constricting. I never felt like it was sucking itself to my body, but always felt like it was molding my body (in a good way).
  3. The ruching and seaming made the whole suit totally flattering. 
  4. The cups of the bra were actually real cups, not just inserts. I loved this design element because it felt like I was simultaneously lifted and shaped and yet still tucked in.
  5. There was a slight retro-quality to the whole design, with the halter tie and the boyleg. This made me feel curvy and sexy instead of matronly, a hard job when you're wearing a one-piece in Jamaica.
  6. The lining was black. I think this bears mentioning because I hate it when I'm wearing a dark bathing suit and it has a light lining so anytime a little bit of lining shows, it is totally obvious. The black lining prevented that from happening.
The price tag is a little high (just under $150) but I genuinely felt like it was totally worth it. And it comes in a variety of fun prints too.
Now go book a trip to the Caribbean and see for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. The cups of the bra were actually real cups, not just inserts. I loved this design element because it felt like I was simultaneously lifted and shaped and yet still tucked in. One of Best Bathing Suits. Loving It.


    Black Friday Sales

    ReplyDelete