Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ironwood

Zach and I just celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. For about 6 weeks before, I was on a hunt for the perfect gift. I love the idea of the traditional anniversary gifts, and was intrigued when I looked it up and learned that the traditional sixth anniversary gifts are "iron" and "wood". I was stumped for awhile, but then hit upon the idea of an iron ring. I don't really know why I thought of this; Zach typically doesn't wear a lot of jewelry. But I absolutely love, love, love his hands and fingers (yay, Tate got them too!), so the thought of a big, chunky iron ring on the middle finger of his right hand was (dare I say it?) sexy and appealing.
Alas, when I started calling local jewelry stores, I quickly learned that, well, rings just aren't made out of iron.
But I was not to be deterred. I continued my search, and although I never found a ring actually made out of iron, I stumbled across something perhaps even better- a ring made of ironwood. Sereiously. It is a kind of wood, apparently, known especially for how hard and substantial it is. This particular ring is so manly and sexy and just what I was looking for, with a titanium stripe right through the center. I am so happy that Jewelry by Johan exists and creates such a perfect anniversary gift.
After getting Zach's ring size, we are ready to place the order. Such a perfect homage to the traditional "iron" and "wood" gifts, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment