Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Embracing Chaos: Step2 Up and Down Roller Coaster

Oh man. I can't wait to tell you about the Step2 Up and Down Roller Coaster. This was seriously one of the best gifts ever.

When Zach and I were trying to figure out what to get the boys for Christmas, we knew we wanted something big waiting for them under the tree, Something that would make their eyes light up and be totally exciting. This led me to the Step2 Up and Down Roller Coaster- a 10 foot long roller coaster that looked like so much fun. It seemed perfect. But I did have a few reservations. Chief among them was the fact that the only room in our house that had space for this toy was our livingroom. So I knew that by buying it, I was committing to having a giant plastic toy in the livingroom for the foreseeable future. Given how much I try to keep the boys' stuff from taking over our communal living spaces, this was not ideal. But when it went on sale (for less than $100!), I couldn't resist.

On Christmas Eve, I put it together (it was a snap and took less than 5 minutes) and put a big bow on it. Christmas morning was just how I imagined- the boys LOVED it! I wondered if it would lose its appeal, like so many new toys, but folks, it has not.

Not at all, in fact.

The boys still love it. They play with it every day. It serves as not only a fun ride for both boys (they ride it alone and together, and it somehow manages to be perfect for both of them despite their different ages) but also a perfect track for car races (they line their cars up at the top and zoom them down the track), a fun belly-scooting track, a bowling alley (bottles are lined up at the end and balls are rolled down the track), and much, much more. It has been loud and chaotic and it has seemed to fulfill every desire in the heart of my boys. I am so happy that we went for it.

If you're looking for a gift that will light up your boys, consider this one. It is really great (and if you have a playroom, even better!)


No comments:

Post a Comment