Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wooden Furniture

I have been having such fun perusing wooden furniture lately, for kids and adults alike. Like this tree bookcase by Shawn Soh.
Ever since I first saw it some weeks ago, I can't stop thinking about it. This has become problematic, because, since Tate's room is small, we are officially out of wall space, and I already have two bookcases on backorder. But this one seems like such fun, doesn't it? Maybe in a few years, when I get bored with the current layout of Tate's room, I will revisit this shelf...
And how about this "rocking horse" by Celery? I love it. Don't get me wrong, I have a soft spot for the traditional rocking horse, but this version is so clean and modern. An added bonus is that it is made out of recycled materials.
And last but not least, I am coveting this headboard by Ballard Designs for our bedroom. I had sworn off any more bedroom-related purchases after the bookcase-bedding-curtain extravaganza just a few months ago, but I love the height of this headboard, and think it would be perfect in our bedroom. Also, it is less expensive than a whole bed frame (really, very affordable, I think), and once we are done with it, would be a perfect addition to the guest room. So I am thinking about buying it (although my prudent self is telling me to continue to hold off- student loan repayments are looming). But honestly, wouldn't you like to rest your head each night under a little bird? I sure would.
bookcase via the style files

No comments:

Post a Comment