Monday, January 24, 2011

Decor Idea: Toys on the Mantle

One of the things I have been slowly trying to do is integrate Tate, and the fact that our house now has a child in it, into our home decor, while avoiding the child-has-taken-over-the-house look. We have a wall of old black-and-white photos and I finally got one of Tate added. But other than that one small picture, and the necessities (high chair etc.), there is no real indication that a little boy lives here.
A few weeks ago, I saw a picture of children's toys lined up along the mantle (I wish I remembered where so I could give credit where credit is due). Today was kind of a dreary day outside, so I decided to try it- removing the candles that are normally there, and lining up Tate's wooden cars and airplane on the mantle:
I love it! Believe it or not, two of the trucks were made by Zach in his 6th grade shop class. It kind of blows our minds that our baby is playing with things Zach made in 6th grade.
P.S. Just because... isn't Tate cute?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! He's growing up so fast! He looks like such a little man.

    ReplyDelete