Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jack Cards

My sister first introduced me to Jack Cards, and signing up has been one of those things on my To Do List for years. Literally, years. Have you heard of it? It is a phenomenal idea and service. You sign up (for free!), and then enter all the important, card-worthy events in your life. Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations... you essentially create an online calendar of all life's celebrations. Then you choose (from their vast and very impressive selection) a card for each occassion. Now I am not talking about electronic cards. Jack Cards has a wide array of printed cards from all kinds of excellent designers (like Red Cap Cards and Masha D'yans). But then- and this is the true genius behind Jack Cards- once your events are all entered, and your cards are all selected, Jack Cards automatically sends you the card you selected, with an included stamped and addressed envelope, a week or so before said event is scheduled to occur. So smart, right? The blank card arrives just in time for you to write a personal message, and drop in the box. No rushing to the card store (or not, and feeling guilty because you once again missed a birthday). No buying the card, writing the card, and then not sending the card because you don't have a stamp. Jack Cards is any busy women's best friend. Truly.
I have decided that for 2011, I will get at least 10 people's birthdays entered in. It is my gift to myself. So that 2011 is filled with (easy!) honoring of my most important loved ones special days.
P.S. I am the Guest Blogger over on Idle Hands today. How exciting! Check it out and tell me what you think about knitting lessons on Nintendo's Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment