Thursday, August 19, 2010

Skunkboy Creatures

Some girlfriends and I were having drinks last week, and we got on the subject of kids' favorite stuffed animals, and how favorite plushes get carried around until they are dog-eared. Ultimately, we decided that it is important as moms that we only let stuffed animals that we really, really like infiltrate the house, because inevitably, if you let one in that you don't like, that will be the one that your child ends up loving and refusing to give up (and ultimately taking to college). I think that Skunkboy Creatures are exactly the kind of cool plushes that I would love Tate to latch onto. Featuring animals like narwhals and sloths (seriously, who thinks to make a narwhal plush?!?!?), these are officially the punk-rock of stuffed animals.
What do you think, friends? Do you love them as much as I do?

6 comments:

  1. I love these! If Tim Burton made stuffed animals, I'm pretty sure he would make that narwal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love these! ALthough I'm still hoping that the plush toy Annie latches on to will be the little plush owl Dawn made her =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Idle Hands DC: You're exactly right, I could absolutely see them in a Tim Burton film

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Melissa and Jay: I agree that homemade plushes are the best. Surprisingly, we don't have any homemade ones for Tate, but we do have a little spotted dog we named "Heisman". We get a lot of laughs on the plane when we say things like "where's your Heisman?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read this. I laughed so hard. "Where's your Heisman?" Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to steal this Heisman-stuffed animal name so that I can recreate the "Where's your Heisman?" scene at some point in the distant future.

    ReplyDelete