Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Updates

Whew! It feels like there are so many things to update lately. So many things that I have mentioned over the last few months that deserve follow up. I figured I would get caught up all in one long post so that I could then say "done!" and continue my hunt for new things. First- the Timi and Leslie Charlie II bag. I blogged about the Timi and Leslie Charlie bag here- it was a highlight of my hunt for a stylish diaper bag. Of the ones I had seen online, the Charlie II bag was my favorite. It seemed more purse-like than diaper bag like, and I really loved that. My only concern was that it was faux leather, and if there is one thing I really love, it is the feel and smell of squishy, yummy, really leather. So now for the update- as my Mother's Day gift, Zach ordered me the Charlie II bag. I was thrilled. And when it arrived, I was so pleasantly surprised with the quality of the faux leather- it was soft and squishy and purse-like. The only problem? Two of the zippers didn't work. And I mean didn't work. They would catch 3 or 4 times just in the process of closing the bag. I was crushed. Here I had finally found a diaper bag that I really loved, and it seemed that quality might be an issue. Normally, I would just return it. But I loved the bag so much that I emailed the company. And this is where Timi and Leslie really won me over- they had amazing customer service. And I am a sucker for good customer service. Once I emailed the company, I heard back within about 5 hours. Within 3 days, they had picked up my damaged bag (and they paid for the shipping!) and sent me a new one. And the new one was perfect. So now I not only feel good about the bag (which I get compliments on regularly, and which has a fantastic portable changing table pad and a little hook for your keys so you never lose them in the depths of the bag, and for which the zippers seem perfect), but I also feel so happy with the company as well. Overall, such a good, positive experience. Here is me with my Charlie II bag (thanks Zach!): Other updates- the bookcases! They finally arrived and I love, love, love them. I ended up putting them in a different spot in the room than I had originally planned, because spatially they didn't work how I imagined. But the bookcases themselves, and the way that they showcase the covers, are fantastic. I think the proof that they are a hit was when our friends' 3 year old daughter, Mara, saw them. Within minutes, dozens of books were piled on the floor, and every day she would run in and get new ones. This is exactly how I wanted it to be!
And the final update is Tate's month-by-month pics. We have taken two more, and I am working on compiling them into one cohesive picture, so that is still coming. I am thrilled with how it is turning out, and cannot believe how big Tate is getting!
But to tide you over, here are some pics from Tate's first beach weekend. He is so ridiculously adorable.
And here are a few from my cousin's wedding- Tate and Daddy all dressed up!

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed by the quality of those beach photos. The setting, colors, and lighting look more like a photo shoot than a rando day at the beach. What type of camera do you guys use? Did you take any particular steps to achieve that level of awesomeness, or did it just come naturally?

    Not to worry you too much, but in the last picture it looks like Tate may "borrowed" with my elementary school uniform shirt, vastly shrunken, to wear to your cousin's wedding. It looks much cuter on him than it ever did on me, however, so no hard feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brigid,

    We love, love, love our camera. We bought it last year for our trip to Spain, and it has been a workhorse ever since. It is this one: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=16307

    (We went with Canon because Zach remembered from when he was little that all the National Geographic pictures were from Canon, lol).

    We bought a zoom lens as well, but all the pictures posted here are with the standard lens that came with the camera. On my wish list is a new everyday lens. But the beach pics (which I agree, are amazing, doesn't it look like we photoshopped ourselves onto this fake beach background?) are due to great beach lighting and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete